- This event has passed.
Construction Site Trauma Management
April 20, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Certificates earned in this class are American Red Cross Adult First Aid/CPR and The ACS/CT-Stop the Bleed course.
This will be an extensive one day course. It is designed for people with little to no medical or first aid training. Oryx instructors will teach the student how to identify and treat severely injured casualties/patients by utilizing hands-on skills
practice and plenty of scenario-based training. Throughout the course, student will practice skills learned during the lecture portions. The student will also participate as individuals and in groups; in scenario-based training dealing with one or multiple injured persons on a jobsite.
Some of the subjects covered in this course include:
• Site safety
• Patient assessment
• Penetrating and blunt trauma
• Identify and treat severe chest injuries; sucking chest wounds
• Impaled objects
• Proper use of tourniquets, pressure dressings, hemostatic agents
• Eye injuries
• Medical emergencies: stroke, diabetic, seizures
• Fractures and sprains: broken bones
• Environmental emergencies: animal bites and stings, heat related injuries
• Identify and treat for shock
• Movement of patients, short distances and long distances
• Evacuation options
• First aid kits and equipment selection
• Legal considerations/documentation/EMS interaction
• Treating the “un-injured” on the site
FOUR WAYS TO REGISTER!
By email: email@example.com
By phone: 315.930.3413
By fax: 315.410.0215
By mail to: Oryx Insurance Brokerage, Inc., 3 Adler Drive, East Syracuse, NY 13057